I do wish that I had taken some pictures of the quaint, cottage style mansions dotting the beach and waterway. I loved their charming architecture and bright colored balconies and for a minute started envisioning what life would be like living on the coast of North Carolina. Brad must of had the same thoughts because at one point he suggested we pack up and move to the coast.
After we checked out of the hotel Brad still had a few more meetings to attend so the kids and I drove to downtown Wilmington and stopped at the Kids Museum there. The museum was an old three story historic home converted into a kids play land. It was smallish but still had some fun and unique activities the kids enjoyed. They boys loved the camping section and the dentist office and Halley really liked the upstairs grocery store. But the favorite area for all three was a small corner tucked away towards the front of the house containing lines and lines of colorful plastic cups. Not the pirate ship behind the cups, but the actually cups. Who know? They spent quite a lot of time stacking the cups into towers, castles, and whatever else they could build before Halley would bulldoze them over.











No comments:
Post a Comment