Thursday, January 19, 2012

Parenting 101

Halley is our third child. By now we should be able to keep her out of harm's way -we kind of know what we are doing. But we failed to turn off our fireplace when she woke up and wanted to play.  We sat on the couch and watched her walk back and forth across the living room -even told each other to make sure she didn't touch the fireplace. And then, with both Brad and I distracted she touched the hot glass. Augghh! We felt like awful parents! But she was a trooper and hopefully we will not have to explain a scar on her hand someday. The next day she was walking around happy and her hand didn't seem to bother her. That's my girl.


I was doing dishes in the kitchen when Trey walked in with his finger half way up his nose and says, "My nose hurts!" Well get your finger out of it. "There is something up there!" Lets blow it. Do you have a booger? After a few more minutes of this back and forth he finally said "No, there's a toy up there!" I was about to brush that comment off when I thought about Brad and the beans he shoved into his ear as a child and to this day swears some may still be lodged in there since he cannot hear very well out of his right ear. Hmm....let's take a look. Sure enough, I saw a white piece of plastic way up there. Some tweezers, a flashlight and a small lecture later this wheel was pulled out. It must be a boy thing, because I do not remember having any desire to stick any object up my nose, in my ears, or anywhere else.


1 comment:

Gina said...

Halley is so adorable! I can't believe she has brown hair! So different from your boys!
How is NC?